Saturday, June 25, 2011

Back to Trading 101

I thought it would be beneficial if I went through some "chart pattern" info again. I don't trade often and this stuff is very easy to forget. You can easily recognize a chart sometimes but you forget what other indicators might be good to look at with the pattern. At least I do.

My system is probably no good, but I pretty much just look for up-trends and try to  trade that in between without getting caught in the fall. I see so many traders that try to be perfect and get in at the bottom and exit at the peak. Is that even possible without being "in the know" on some inside info?...unless maybe you see potential and start accumulating early.? I really don't know.

Today I looked at the "Double Bottom Pattern." On Pennystockprofitbonus.com, they had this to say about the double bottom pattern:

Double-Bottom Pattern

A double-bottom appears as you would expect it to on a chart. It usually looks
like the letter “W”. There are two valleys forming between a down trend and an
up trend. It is critical to look at the share volume during the formation of
the double bottom pattern. You’re wanting to see higher daily volumes during
the up trends than during the down turns.

The theory is that a double bottom represents a resistance platform in the
price-per-share. This is a bullish signal. The bottom represents a good entry
point for buying, as well as signaling the exit point for any short positions.

Of course the trick is to recognize this pattern as it is forming. Being ahead
of the crowd is key when it comes to penny stock trading.

I also watched this a video on Informedtrades.com. I know StockHideout.com has good info and videos too...probably IHUB too, but I've never checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment